Dual diagnosis treatment centers use an integrated approach to addiction treatment addressing both mental health and substance abuse. Dual diagnosis rehab is required to help patients return to a life of normalcy as they learn to address their co-occurring disorder properly. The goal of dual diagnosis treatment centers is to provide patients with the tools and resources needed to successfully cope with their mental illnesses without the use of drugs and alcohol. Some people are often afraid of the stigma associated with mental illness and being an addict or alcoholic, but once you own this, you can begin to move forward with your life. You should not feel like you are alone, in 2015 of the 20.2 million people with an admitted substance abuse disorder, nearly 8 million also had a mental health disorder.
Our staff has worked with a number of patients with co-occurring disorders that have developed before or after the onset of the addiction. We understand that entering a rehabilitation program is difficult, but it’s also necessary if you desire to live a life of sobriety. Choosing an inpatient dual diagnosis rehab center in California is the beginning of a journey towards recovery and stable mental health.
Common Mental Health Disorders Treated at Dual Diagnosis Rehab
In our experience, we’ve seen that the most common forms of mental health disorder include mood or anxiety disorders. In fact, according to the National Institute of Mental Health, approximately 1 in 5 adults in the United States are said to be affected by some form of mental illness, while another 18% of people deal specifically with an anxiety disorder. In some cases, the mental illness was there before the addiction while in other cases the addiction creates a mental illness in the abuser. These are common problems treated in our dual diagnosis rehab program.
Mood Related Disorders
- Major depression
- Bipolar Disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Panic disorder
- Social anxiety
- Generalized anxiety disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with or shown signs of a mental health disorder it’s important to seek the proper medical attention and not use addictive substances as a coping mechanisim. Choosing to engage in drug abuse or alcoholism will only worsen one’s mental state. Contact us today and see what our dual diagnosis program can do for you. Luckily, in the past few decades, a huge revamping of rehabilitation techniques has addressed the issue of mental illness and substance abuse disorders. Typically, most addicts enter treatment with an underlying mental illness. Luckily, most rehab centers in California now recognize the need for treating both parts of the problem. A dual diagnosis rehab must be highly personalized because addiction and mental illness are two sides of the same coin. In conjunction with your dual diagnosis program, other proven treatments are offered as well. We are available 24/7 to help you better understand any of your treatment and rehab questions or concerns.
Integrated Dual Diagnosis Addiction Treatment
Are alcohol and drugs ruining your life?
FIND HELP NOW
Luckily, in the past few decades, a huge revamping of rehabilitation techniques has addressed the issue of mental illness and substance abuse disorders. Typically, most addicts enter treatment with an underlying mental illness. Luckily, most rehab centers in California now recognize the need for treating both parts of the problem. A dual diagnosis rehab must be highly personalized because addiction and mental illness are two sides of the same coin.
In conjunction with your dual diagnosis program, other proven treatments are offered as well. We are available 24/7 to help you better understand any of your treatment and rehab questions or concerns.
How Dual Diagnosis Treatment Centers Help
Fortunately, many centers now adopt the practice of co-occurring disorder treatment. The best dual diagnosis programs work hard to understand the addict’s situation and devise a specific treatment plan unique to the patient. Both licensed psychiatrists who are able to properly evaluate you for mental illness along with experienced addiction counselors will educate you on addiction and the tools you need to stay sober.
While treating and educating our patients to adopt productive strategies for mental health issues, the dual diagnosis program produces long-lasting methods of coping with both mental illness and substance abuse.
Working to build an individual’s core strengths for coping, dual diagnosis programs prepare the individual for a lifetime of sobriety. Patients are able to dig deep into their past, learn about their mental health and their substance abuse while making a plan to move forward.
What Happens at Dual Diagnosis Rehab
An inpatient dual diagnosis program will lead the patient through a process of detox, and cultivate a safe, caring environment intended for healing. Our dual diagnosis treatment program will include the following phases:
- Intake and Evaluation: As with any rehab there will be an initial intake process and mental evaluation. It is important to be completely honest during this time so the staff can craft a treatment plan that bests fits your situation and properly set up your detox protocol.
- Detox process: You will be monitored by a team of medical professionals during your detox process. Of course, depending on the substance, medication may or may not be necessary to ease the physical toll of You will not be required to participate in treatment or meetings until withdrawal symptoms go away.
- Inpatient Addiction Treatment: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) is usually implemented to help the addict learn to develop new coping strategies, and handle negative thought patterns in a positive, productive way. Coping skills tools are also given to dual diagnosis patients to deal with thoughts of using drugs or alcohol.
- Mental Health Therapy: Our facility offers a psychiatrist for patients to meet with and begin working on their mental health disorders. Some people come into our facility without realizing they are struggling with a dual diagnosis.
- Aftercare: Upon completion of rehab, our facility will find out aftercare facilities in your area that can help you stay sober after treatment. For dual diagnosis patients, this may include addiction support groups and psych doctors in your local area. Aftercare can be a great way for addicts to continue working on their sobriety and build a great support group.
Paying for Dual Diagnosis Treatment
Dual diagnosis treatment should be covered in your insurance just like any other drug or alcohol rehab. If you are looking for the right dual diagnosis rehab center, don’t hesitate in making that first step today. We are available 24/7 to take your call and can explain your treatment options in more detail. We have an experienced team of insurance experts who can maximize your health insurance benefits in a timely matter leaving you with little to no out of pocket expenses. Call us any time for a no-obligation conversation about your recovery.
Sunshine Behavioral Health strives to help people who are facing substance abuse, addiction, mental health disorders, or a combination of these conditions. It does this by providing compassionate care and evidence-based content that addresses health, treatment, and recovery.
Licensed medical professionals review material we publish on our site. The material is not a substitute for qualified medical diagnoses, treatment, or advice. It should not be used to replace the suggestions of your personal physician or other health care professionals.
Talk with one of our Treatment Specialists!
Call 24/7: 949-276-2886