Prescription Drug Rehab with Monarch Shores
Some people believe that prescription drugs are safer than other kinds of drugs because doctors prescribe them. They think that they are less harmful because people buy them from drug stores instead of drug dealers. The truth is that from 1999 to 2016 prescription overdose deaths increased 5 times over. If you are addicted, the time for prescription drug rehab is now before it is too late.
Prescription drugs have helped many people treat infections, pain, depression, insomnia, and other conditions. As much good as they have done, it can be argued that the prescription drug epidemic that has resulted from over-prescribing has caused just as much negative consequences. In fact, a 2011 study by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention found that prescription painkillers killed more Americans than illegal drugs.
Prescription drug rehab in California with Monarch Shores can show you new ways to live without having to rely on prescription drugs. We are open 24/7 to take your call and start a conversation about your recovery!
Prescription Drugs That are Highly Addictive
Strangely enough, people often abuse prescription drugs because they can mimic the effects of illegal drugs or other drugs used for illegal purposes. Others become addicted unknowingly as they continue to take their prescriptions. Prescription drug rehab will show you how to live independently without relying on these drugs.
- Depressants such as benzodiazepines (Xanax, Valium, Halcion, lorazepam, and others), barbiturates, and sleeping pills depress the central nervous system. They produce calming and sedating effects much like Rohypnol and GHB, two drugs known as club drugs or party drugs, due to popularity in nightclubs. Prescription drug rehab will show you how to cope with anxiety, stress and sleeping issues without relying on these medications.
- OxyContin Vicodin and other legal pain relievers interact with brain cell receptors the same way as heroin. Prescription drug rehab will show you ways to cope with pain without using pain medications.
- Adderall and cocaine both work with the same neurotransmitter systems to produce similar stimulating effects.
Symptoms of Addiction: Do I Need Prescription Drug Rehab?
There are many different kinds of prescription drugs that treat many different kinds of conditions. Prescription drugs also produce many different kinds of side effects. There are some side effects, though, that users commonly experience.
Symptoms of prescription drug addiction can include:
- more or less energy than usual
- sleeping more or less than usual
- poor judgment and decision-making skills
- mood swings or aggressiveness
- taking more drugs than the prescribed amount
- using over-the-counter drugs similar to the abused substances
- pretending to lose prescriptions in order to acquire more
These symptoms demonstrate how addiction is both physical and mental. If you or someone you care for are exhibiting these symptoms, prescription drug rehab may be the best option going forward. Do you have questions or concerns? Our intake coordinators will answer them.
Are you or your loved suffering from addiction?
Do you have questions or concerns? Our intake coordinators will answer them.
Detox Procedure During Your Prescription Drug Rehab Visit
If you or someone you care for are struggling with prescription drug addiction it is likely that you or your loved one have been taking large doses of prescription drugs over an extended period of time. An addicts body becomes accustomed to the drugs and when they are not being put into the body the addicted person will go through a withdrawal stage.
This assistance can help users experience a safe detox of prescription drugs. The detox process removes prescription drugs from users. Detox procedures differ according to the drugs abused, the users’ habits, and other factors.
- drug cravings
Professionals at inpatient rehab centers can help minimize or prevent such symptoms. They might wean patients gradually from the drugs, provide medication or therapy, or provide other assistance to create smoother detox and withdrawal experiences for their patients.
Prescription Drug Addiction Treatment Options
Getting into a prescription drug rehab immediately could prevent problems from worsening, as well as lessen the chances of serious consequences, such as overdoses. As prescription drug overdoses continue to rise in the United States, getting treatment is more important now than ever.
When you come to Monarch Shores you will have a say in the type of prescription drug addiction treatment you receive. There are multiple prescription drug addiction treatment options that you may not even be aware of.
- Holistic Treatment — healing the mind soul and body from addiction with natural remedies and therapies such as yoga, meditation and art therapies.
- Dual Diagnosis Treatment — Addressing substance abuse and any other mental illness the patient may have. Also known as co-occurring disorders .Typically anxiety disorders, PTSD, personality disorders.
- 12 Step Treatment — Using the 12 steps as primary treatment. Typically hold 12 step meetings at the rehab so patients become familiar with the 12 steps and their meetings.
- Non 12 Step Treatment– A lot of people do not want the 12 steps in their treatment. A popular non 12 step option would be SMART Recovery.
- Faith-Based Treatment– Using faith or religion for support, guidance, and advice during this difficult time of addiction recovery.
Paying for Prescription Drug Addiction Treatment
Going to rehab for prescription drug addiction does not have to be expensive. At Monarch Shores, we have a team of insurance experts who understand how to maximize your insurance benefits leaving you with little to no out of pocket expenses. We are available 24/7 to take your call and start a conversation about your road to recovery.
Talk with one of our Treatment Specialists!
Call 24/7: 949-276-2886