It is normal to feel nervous about entering rehab for the first time. We have outlined these frequently asked questions and have in mind that you can always speak to one of our cunsultants.
Sunshine Behavioral Health facilities accept male and female clients at least 18 years of age
Do you accept clients with severe physical limitations?
Willow Springs Recovery is in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and can accommodate most mobility issues.
Our other centers do not accept clients with severe physical limitations. Unfortunately, we are not equipped for severely handicapped individuals.
Do you treat individuals with psychiatric disorders?
We are a dual diagnosis treatment center, so we treat individuals for drug and alcohol addiction, as well as underlying issues such as anxiety, depression, PTSD, and more.
However, we do not treat chronically aggressive individuals or those with severe psychiatric disorders that may require acute and prolonged hospitalization.
Do you accept insurance?
Yes, we do. Feel free to contact our admissions and insurance verification line at 949-276-288624 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Do you accept Medicare or Medicaid?
No, we do not.
Is detox on-site and included in the program cost?
Yes. Detox is covered in the cost of our program at all of our treatment centers and all detox is performed on-site. At most other centers, detox services are provided through a third-party provider at a different (and usually less desirable) location. Emergency hospitalization is not covered in the cost of our programs.
What is the refund policy?
Refunds will not be given to clients who discharge from Sunshine Behavioral Health centers against professional advice, or who leave the program before their scheduled discharge date.
If clinical assessment determines at any time during the treatment term that a client requires a level of care other than what is provided by the Sunshine treatment program, the center will refer the client to an appropriate treatment provider. In such instances, Sunshine shall refund, on a prorated basis, all remaining/unused monies to the client.
Can I bring my cell and/or laptop?
Yes. Because we understand that it is important for our clients not to feel cut off or isolated from the outside world, we allow you to keep in contact through our inclusive cell phone and laptop policy. The use of these devices is restricted during group and individual therapy sessions.
Do you have private rooms?
Ten of the eleven suites at Monarch Shores are private and they are available at a higher rate. The accommodations allow you to feel comfortable and at ease as you begin on the path to recovery. Monarch Shores’s maximum occupancy is twelve clients.
Is smoking and/or use of tobacco permitted?
The use of tobacco products is permitted in designated areas outside our properties.
Do you accommodate special dietary needs?
Monarch Shores can accommodate specialized dietary needs within reason. Ask at our other centers. Make sure you make us aware of any dietary needs prior to admission to one of our facilities.
Can I bring my pet?
Because of the potential for client allergies and general health concerns, our centers do not allow pets.
Privacy & cost
I want to keep this confidential. How will Sunshine Behavioral Health protect my privacy?
Sunshine Behavioral Health has strict rules when it comes to keeping your information confidential. Sunshine Behavioral Health must comply with the Federal Confidentiality Regulations and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act standards in order to keep your privacy safe.
How much does drug and alcohol treatment cost?
The cost for addiction treatment can vary based on the type of treatment you will need, and how long your stay will be. We cannot determine the cost of treatment for your rehabilitation until your insurance information is verified. To make this process easier, we can verify your insurance, fast and free. You also have the option to self-pay if you do not have insurance.
How fast can I get into a substance abuse treatment facility?
Our experienced advisors can have you in a treatment facility the same day, pending approval. Our recovery advisors work hard around the clock to provide our clients with the best service for addiction, whether it’s related to alcohol or drugs (both illegal and prescription drugs). We are here to help you find the best treatment to help you overcome your substance abuse problems. Feel free to contact our substance abuse hotline at 949-276-2886. Our recovery advisors are available to take your call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to get you the right treatment you need.
How long does treatment take?
Generally speaking, the rehabilitation services and treatment programs can last anywhere from 30 to 90 days. The rehabilitation and detoxification facilities will determine the length of time treatment is needed based on your specific clinical needs to ensure your recovery is a success.
What insurance can I obtain to cover the cost of addiction treatment?
Sunshine Behavioral Health helps individuals looking to have a life free from substance abuse and addiction. We are not an insurance carrier, nor do we have the legal license to draw applications for medical coverage. Once you obtain insurance after doing your self-search, we will gladly give you a free insurance verification, and find the best addiction treatment program for you based on your specific needs.
What to bring?
- Driver’s license, passport or other government photo ID.
- A list of all your current medications and dosages. Please bring all of your current medications that you are taking. While in treatment, medications will be prescribed as needed by our consulting physician and observed by our nursing staff and house staff.
- The names and phone numbers of health care professionals, family members and friends you would like to be involved in your treatment.
- Cash for forgotten items and other incidentals. Our staff makes frequent trips to the store and clients have shopping time on Sundays.
- Personal toiletries. Make sure you bring your toothbrush, toothpaste, face wash, and any cosmetics that you would like to use. Toiletries should be alcohol free. Chapters also has a supply of toiletries should you forget something.
- Shoes for everyday use and shoes for exercise.
- Electronic devices. The use of cell phones, laptops, headset radios and cameras are permitted except during group and individual therapy sessions.
- Smoking and use of tobacco products are permitted only in designated areas outside the facility. Bring your own supply, but clients are permitted to purchase these products during their stay.
- Comfortable clothing. We have a relaxed, casual atmosphere where you can heal your body, along with your heart and mind. Make sure you pack exercise clothing, jeans, or casual wear to ensure mobility and promote relaxation. Weather in San Clemente is nearly perfect year round, but mornings can be chilly. We recommend bringing casual, comfortable clothing that can be layered.
- Pajamas and slippers. Remember that sleep is an important part of the body’s healing process. Bring comfy pajamas, slippers, and a bathrobe to help promote relaxed sleep. If you are a light-or sound-sensitive sleeper, you may also consider bringing a sleeping mask or earplugs to ensure deep and uninterrupted rest.
- Bathing Suit. While at Chapters you will have access to a pool, sauna, Jacuzzi, and of course, the ocean.
- Journal and books. Bring a journal or notebook (we will also supply you with one) so you can chronicle your thoughts and feelings during the recovery process. You may also want to bring books or magazines that you enjoy so that you can read in your free time.
- Mementos. Sometimes, when we face the road of recovery, the little reminders of home can make a big positive difference. Consider bringing a few mementos, such as framed photographs, a special knick-knack, or other minor decorations that may help make your stay more comfortable and inspiring.
Get help fast.
If you feel more comfortable sending an email, please fill out the form below and one of our addiction experts will be in touch as soon as possible.
We know it's tough - believe us, we've been there. Many of the friendly voices on the other end of the line are in fact fully recovered addicts who were once in the same position as you.
*All communications with Sunshine Behavioral Health are 100% Confidential