Free Insurance Verification
|Are you not sure if you can afford to go to rehab? Our online insurance verification form can allow you to get a quote from one our counselors today. The best part is that it’s 100% FREE with ZERO obligations.|
Find Out How Non 12 Step Recovery Programs Can Help You Beat Addiction!
Non 12-Step Rehab and Recovery Program at Monarch Shores
Are you overwhelmed by the numerous rehab options that don’t seem to offer you the solution you’re looking for? Rest easy, because you are not alone. There are a number of people just like you who are searching for specialized treatment options to help them overcome substance abuse and addiction. For some, the traditional 12-step treatment program can work wonders, but what if you don’t agree with the 12 steps? Or, what if, like so many others, you went to a 12 step rehab and did not have success staying sober? Luckily, Monarch Shores offers multiple non 12 step rehab options that appeal to people from all walks of life.
Signs of Addiction: Do I Really Need a Non 12-Step Rehab?
If you find yourself asking this question, you are clearly thinking about getting help with alcohol or drug abuse. This is nothing to be ashamed of, asking for help with your addiction is a brave thing to do.
If you are not sure if you need rehab, ask yourself these questions:
- Has my substance abuse affected my work or school performance?
- Have I changed my friends since I started to abuse substances?
- Am I losing interest in things I was once very passionate about?
- Am I spending more money to feed my addiction?
- Have I damaged relationships because of substance abuse?
- Am I panicked or worried when I am running low on the substances I take?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you more than likely have developed a substance abuse addiction. You should not be worried or feel ashamed, there are millions of others like you who have become addicted to drugs or alcohol. The best thing to do is to consider what actions you can take to fix this problem. Monarch Shores offers inpatient addiction treatment to help move past this dark period. Consider some of the many treatment options available to you.
What Is Different about Non 12 Step Rehab?
There are two very important differences between traditional 12-step treatment and alternative addiction treatment. The first is how addiction is viewed by those who have a problem with drugs or alcohol. According to the traditional 12 step approach, your addiction is the root of your problem; in other words, you are an addict and your problem stems from the poor decisions you made as well as the effects of substances you’ve abused.
The non 12 step addiction treatment approach helps you acknowledge your addiction and also helps you take ownership of your actions. This can help you understand that there is something internal driving you to abuse drugs and alcohol outside of the addictive properties of those substances. By taking this approach, you’re able to better understand why you drink or why you feel the need to do drugs in the first place. For some, this can lead to more effective treatment, since you’re able to pinpoint exactly the root of your addiction and work towards fixing that aspect of your life.
A Difference in Motivation
The other key difference between traditional and non 12-step rehab relates to the motivations of the patients. The traditional 12-step approach encourages patients to acknowledge a higher power, like God, or some other spiritual force or entity that suits their needs. By acknowledging this, patients are able to admit to their inability to control their addictions, and they turn to their higher power for strength to abstain from drugs and alcohol. This approach has benefited a great number of people through the years, but that doesn’t mean the 12 step approach works for everyone.
Call Us Today to Get Into Monarch Shores
- Providing your own motivation: We all have goals or passions that motivate us, like being healthy, finding a quality job, repairing a broken relationship and living on our own, to name a few.
- Accepting changes in your life and habits: Acknowledging you have a problem isn’t always enough to stay sober. For many, there needs to a visible change to how they live day to day.
- Engaging in support groups: People cannot overcome addiction by themselves. That is why it’s important to find mentors and people who will hold you accountable for your sobriety. Support groups are a great way to meet others in your situation and to learn from them or help someone else.
It’s not always easy or comfortable, but taking more ownership in treatment is necessary for those who want to enjoy a life of sobriety.
Non 12-Step Addiction Treatment Options
Non 12 step rehab could entail a lot of different addiction treatment methods. When you get to Monarch Shores you will go through intake and work with our treatment team to develop a treatment plan that meets your unique needs. Non 12 step addiction treatment options can include the following:
- Holistic Treatment – Focuses on healing the mind, body, and spirit of the addict. Holistic treatment aims to heal all three and remove the addict’s desire to use. The addict learns new, healthy ways to deal with stress and takes these new tools with him or her after rehab. This is one of the most popular non 12 step rehab options.
- Dual Diagnosis Treatment — For some, there is an underlying mental illness that could have been formed because of the addiction, or it was there before the addiction. For the ladder, many people take drugs or alcohol to self-medicate symptoms of a mental illness thus, causing them to become addicted. Dual diagnosis treatment addresses both addiction and mental illness simultaneously and is a great non 12 step rehab option for many.
- SMART Recovery — A very popular non 12 step rehab options is called SMART Recovery. SMART (Self-Management and Recovery Training) shows people how to manage their emotions and thoughts and how to become productive members of society.
- Group Therapy – Addicts meet and discuss topics related to addiction and recovery. Group therapy is a very popular and effective addiction treatment approach. Group therapy also includes sobriety education and includes the expertise of experienced drug and alcohol counselors. 12 step and non 12 step rehab centers both offer group therapy, but the topics discussed are much different.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) – This popular approach for drug addiction treatment was developed as a method for relapse prevention. The main goals behind CBT is to teach the patient self-control as well as positive coping strategies.
- Education/Lectures – One of the best treatments for addiction is making individuals aware of personal triggers and cravings and teaching them coping skills. When people are more aware of addiction and personal issues that have led them to use, they will be better prepared for recovery.
- Individual Counseling – Private counseling to discuss your personal matters. Discussing these topics often helps the patient move on from addiction and negative emotions or past traumas.
Call Today to Start Treatment
Make Monarch Shores Your Non 12-Step Rehab
At the core, 12 step and non 12 step rehab are both great approaches to overcoming substance abuse. If you are someone who is looking to grab your treatment by the horns and want to be self-motivated, then a non-12 step rehab program is what you need. At Monarch Shores, we want to empower you so that you can begin to live a life of sobriety and happiness. Call us today for a no-obligation conversation about our non 12 step rehab options and how they can benefit you!
Help is standing by 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Call Now to Speak with a Counselor. Privacy Guaranteed. No Commitment.