The cost of drug rehab can vary depending on the type of facility you are interested in as well as the length of your stay. Some facilities offer luxury amenities, beautiful scenic locations, and allow very few clients at a time. These centers will cost more than a center that treats more people at once and has less of a luxury feel. Also, the quality of treatment you get can have an effect on the cost of drug rehab. Some centers have more experienced staff, can offer more unique treatment programs and even include massage, yoga and other holistic therapies. Less luxurious rehab centers can not offer these options, thus, lowering the cost of treatment.
Often times, people think the cost of drug rehab is too expensive without ever doing their research. This can keep someone from getting the treatment they desperately need. Whether you have a high or low budget, rehab programs are available to you. Regardless of the center you choose, your health insurance can help bare some of the cost. Some centers are fully covered by certain insurance plans.
The best way to find out the cost of drug rehab is to pick up the phone and start a conversation with the treatment center.
Rehab Cost Factors: Where’s My Money Going?
The cost of drug rehab can add up for a variety of reasons. The following are factors to consider if you are wondering what you are paying for when going to treatment.
- Detox: Most inpatient addiction treatment programs include detox. This is an essential part of recovering from an alcohol or drug addiction. Detox program costs may change depending on how long withdrawal symptoms last and whether any medications need to be administered. If someone had been abusing substances that have more dangerous side effects when detoxing, this would include more monitoring time from the staff, and more days in detox protocol. Generally detox lasts 4-7 days but could be upwards to two weeks in severe cases.
- Inpatient Addiction Rehab: The cost of inpatient rehab is typically more than outpatient rehab. During inpatient treatment you are paying for a room, food, medication and the treatment staff.
- Length of Stay : Some rehab programs offer 6 or more months of treatment. The standard length of stay is typically 3-4 weeks. Long term treatment can get more tricky when determining how much your insurance would cover.
- Medication: Some recovering addicts need to be given certain medications when they are receiving drug rehab services. The types of medications given, how much of each medication is given and how long they are given are all factors associated with the changing costs. Medication can be administered only for detox while other patients may be on medication during the entire stay, these are typically dual diagnosis clients.
- Luxury Amenities – Luxury amenities are a great way to comfort those in early sobriety and can be extremely beneficial. Some insurance companies will not cover luxury amenities such as massage, acupuncture, art therapy, yoga classes and other amenities offered at some centers.. Other insurance companies will. It is important to understand what treatment you are receiving and just how much of the luxury amenities are covered by your insurance provider.
- Urine Screening – Drug testing during rehab is a necessary precaution to ensure patients are not using drugs or alcohol while in treatment. Drug screens can be costly and are typically covered by insurance benefits. It is important that clients are regularly drug tested so that other’s at the center do not have their sobriety in jeopardy.
Getting Help With Drug Rehab Costs
The biggest way to get help with the cost of drug rehab is through your health insurance. Many centers have insurance experts who can maximize your benefits and leave you with the least out-of-pocket costs possible. When calling the addiction treatment center, you can find out whether your insurance plan is accepted and how much out-of-pocket costs you can expect, if anything at all.
There are also grants and scholarship programs through the government and charitable organizations that can help cover your expenses.. There are also state-ran addiction treatment services that you can utilize if you have
- State funded health insurance
- Military insurance
Free, state ran treatment centers help those who desperately need it, however, the quality of treatment and high patient to therapist ratio can impact the individual’s chances of staying sober.
Talk with one of our Treatment Specialists!
Call 24/7: 949-276-2886